Affirmations are words or phrases that you say to yourself over and over again. They're simple sentences that make us feel better about ourselves and our lives. Affirmations aren't just for the self-help section of your local bookstore—they can actually change the way you think about yourself and how you react to stressors throughout the day. Here's why affirmations are so helpful:
Benefits of Affirmations
They make you feel instantly more optimistic.
If you’ve ever tried an affirmation, you’ll know that it can have a positive effect on your mood almost instantly.
That’s because affirmations have the ability to change your perspective and mindset—something that can make all the difference in how you feel.
In fact, there are studies that show how our thoughts affect our behavior and actions, which in turn affect our lives!
They encourage you to be grateful for your life.
You can use affirmations to remind yourself of all the good things in your life and be grateful for them.
Affirmations are a great way to help you see the good in your life, so that you’re not focusing on what’s going wrong but instead on what is going right.
They give you a sense of control over your mental state.
Affirmations help you to feel less stressed. They can help you relax, sleep better, focus more easily, and feel more positive about yourself.
You’re less likely to feel bogged down by anxiety and negative thoughts.
This one might sound like a given, but it’s not. Affirmations help you to focus on the positive and avoid negative thoughts. You’re less likely to feel bogged down by anxiety and negative thoughts if you have a goal in mind that helps keep you moving forward.
For example, if you catch yourself saying “I never win anything!” instead of “I hope I win something this time!” when entering a raffle or game show, try using affirmations as an alternative way of thinking about your chances at winning: “Even though I haven't won anything before, maybe today will be my lucky day!” This kind of phrase can help stop self-defeating patterns from forming and keep things positive.
If these seem like simple examples of how affirmations work their magic on our mindsets and emotions (and they absolutely do), imagine what else they could do for us as individuals.
You feel better about how you interact with others.
When affirmations for self love are part of your daily practice, you tend to give others the benefit of the doubt because you are secure in who you are as a person. This sense of self-security tends to improve our interactions with others. Our interactions are usually a reflection of our own self-worth and when we are okay with ourselves, our relationships with others also improve as a result.
Here are some additional advantages of affirmations:
- You'll feel more open to new experiences.
- You will be less stressed, anxious, and irritable.
- It can help people who have trouble with the opposite sex.
- You'll be more likely to help others when they need it.
They make you feel more motivated and empowered throughout the day.
Affirmations are like a shot of positivity. They positively energize our entire day. They bring zest to our lives that are otherwise easy to miss out on. Affirmations are a great way to feel more motivated and empowered throughout the day. They help you see the positive side of things and focus on what you want rather than what you don't want, making it easier for you to get through tough times.
You're more likely to focus on your goals, rather than the obstacles in front of them.
When affirmations are a part of your life, you tend to easily shift focus from the problems to the solutions. Since affirmations are inherently positive, thinking of the best possible outcome in each situation also comes naturally.
You're able to look at yourself in a more forgiving and compassionate way.
Positive affirmations can help you to be less critical of yourself. If you say things like "I am beautiful" or "I love myself," it will force your brain to start believing what you've said, even if it feels fake at first. As time goes on, these positive thoughts will become more ingrained within your subconscious mind leaving no room for negative self-talk. Once this happens, the chances of using negative self-talk become much lower since those thoughts aren't even there anymore.
Additionally, when we practice self-love and self-acceptance through affirmation techniques (like repeating positive statements), our brains learn how best to accept ourselves even when we make mistakes or don't meet our own expectations or standards - which leads us into being less judgmental towards others as well.
We start believing in the power of our words
Affirmations are a way of telling yourself something that you want to hear. They can help you achieve your goals, feel more positive and confident, and feel more motivated.
Let’s say that you want to become an entrepreneur. A lot of people might tell you that it is difficult or ask why you would ever leave your job in order to start a business when there are so many reasons why it might not work out. However, if every time someone asks these questions or doubts your decision, your mind starts playing a loop of negative self-talk like “I’m too young/old/stupid/unqualified...” then those thoughts will become part of who you are (or at least what other people believe).
On the other hand, instead of seeing those doubts as valid arguments against following through on your dream job as an entrepreneur, if you focus on affirmations such as "I am smart enough" or "It's okay if I don't know everything yet," then you will begin believing in yourself and your abilities. This means you'll be less likely to second guess yourself when making decisions regarding where your career should go next. As a result, you also start believing in the words and stories you tell yourself instead of believing others.
Affirmations for Self Love
Here are some affirmations of self love:
- I am worthy of love.
- I am wanted by the universe
- I am beautiful just the way I am.
- Inner peace starts with self-love.
- I am allowed to change my mind.
- It's OK to say no.
- I don't have to be perfect at everything that I do.
- Self-reflection helps me grow.
- If I don't believe in myself, who will?
- I have the power to do whatever I put my mind to.
- Taking care of myself is not selfish, it's necessary.
- I'm good enough as is; there is no need for me to prove myself to anyone.
- Loving myself is important, and I am capable of it!
- I am worthy
- My body is loved
- I deserve happiness
- I am strong
- I am loveable
- I am unique and one of a kind
- My dreams come from my values in life.
- My past does not define me.
- I am beautiful and capable of amazing things.
- Being me is enough.
- I am love.
- I accept myself for who I am, in this moment.
- When I do my best and it isn’t good enough, I still deserve love.
- It is safe to express my feelings and emotions.
- I have the right to take up space and be here.
- No one else gets to define me or my value.
- Others’ opinions of me are none of my business.
- My body is not an ornament; it is the vehicle to my dreams.
- I give myself permission to prioritize what makes me happy.
- My worth is not determined by other people’s perceptions of me.
- Even when I make mistakes, it does not reflect my worth as a person.
- I am loved and supported by the universe.
- I accept love into my life without resistance.
- My confidence grows with every day that passes.
- Love is the only truth in this world, and even when faced with hate or evil, I choose to see love and light from the other side.
- I am growing and thriving every day as a person and that excites me.
- I live a simple, peaceful life.
- Forgiveness is a gift I give myself
- I deserve to be treated with love and respect.
- I accept that I am exactly who I need to be at the moment.
- I can easily handle all of my daily challenges with a calm mind.
- I am grateful for everything that has happened in my life, good or bad.
- It is ok to feel proud of myself when I do something well.
- It is ok to pursue the things that make me truly happy.
- Every mistake I make brings me closer to achieving my goals.
- My flaws and imperfections are what make me unique and beautiful.
- I love myself and what I can contribute to the world.
- I am beautiful in my own way.
- I recognize my self-worth and choose to love myself.
- I have something that no one else has; myself.
- Deep inside, there’s magic in me. I cherish it and embrace it with all my heart.
- Every day, I commit to loving myself just a little bit more than yesterday.
- Today, I am strong enough to say no to anything that is not beneficial to me because self-love is my commitment to my highest good.
- Each day is another chance to change your life and be in touch with your inner beauty, kindness, and love for yourself. Today is a new day for me!
- I accept myself and value my wellbeing
- I forgive myself for being wrong
- I acknowledge my own self worth
- I greet this day with love in my heart.
- I am open to all the love life has to offer
- Today, I choose to love myself fully and completely.
- My body is healthy, my mind is brilliant, and my soul is tranquil.
- I accept myself just the way I am.
- My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless; my potential to succeed is infinite.
- I already have all that I need
- Loving myself is the bravest thing I will ever do.
- My past is not my present and my present is not my future.
- I am worth it.
- I am worthy of love and respect including my own.
- I am grateful for all the things I have in my life.
- I accept that mistakes are part of the learning process, and it’s a privilege to learn from them.
- My life has infinite possibilities that I am fully capable of achieving.
- I love myself exactly how I am today, and every day moving forward.
- Every decision I make is an opportunity for me to grow and learn more about myself.
- I attract people who treat me with real respect and kindness into my life.
- I do not have to put up with anything that does not make me happy.
- I am unique, and I am loved for who I am.
- I choose to be happy.
- I choose to honor myself.
- I am responsible for my own happiness.
- I don't need others' approval to feel good about myself.
- I love and accept myself as I am now.
- I will take care of myself
- I trust my feelings and my instincts
- I can share my feelings with others
- I will work towards being true to myself in all things.
- Today, I choose to accept myself for exactly who I am.
- I choose to live with ease and peace.
- I choose to be kind to myself.
- I let go of everything that isn't good for me.
- I am grateful to be alive today.
- I focus on what I love about myself.
- I am proud of myself and all my accomplishments, no matter how big or small they may seem to others.
- It's okay to not have all the answers right now.
- I am getting better at loving myself every single day.
- I let go of criticism and negative thoughts about myself.
- I have complete faith in myself and the universe
- I have faith my mind will guide me to where I need to go.
- My body is a temple, and I worship it regularly.
- I understand that self-love is not selfish but essential.
- I listen to my intuition at all times, my instincts have never led me astray.
We hope that you have enjoyed reading about the benefits of affirmations as well as our list of self-love affirmations. Hopefully, you are now feeling more inspired to try them out for yourself. The most important thing is to find something that works for you and then stick with it!