- What is Prana, Nadi, and Chakra?
- Heart Chakra
- Importance of Heart Chakra
Signs of Blocked Heart Chakra
- Other Signs of blocked heart chakra
- How to Unblock the Heart Chakra?
- Signs of Unblocked Heart Chakra
- Heart Chakra Affirmations
- Here are 51 Heart Chakra Affirmations
Love is one of the purest emotions. It is also quite universal. We’ve all experienced love from others or have felt a deep sense of love for someone else. Our love may be for people close to us, our parents, family, or friends. As humans, we need love, care, and compassion to live a life full of serenity and happiness.
In an age where we are all connected digitally all the time, we’ve become increasingly disconnected from reality. Our fear of rejection and our insecurities often come in the way of finding love. Even if we already have loving relationships in our lives, sometimes, we struggle to express ourselves. Be with our friends, family, at work, or with a special someone.
It is in times like this that ancient yogic literature can help. With its wealth of knowledge that is relevant even today, this philosophy clearly defines relationship issues and gives actionable solutions for it. Before we dive deeper, let's talk about the basics.
According to the ancient yogic culture, ‘Prana’ is the life force that travels through our body subtly through the means of tubes or channels named ‘Nadis’. It is said in ‘GorakhshaShataka’, an ancient book by Hindu yogi ‘Gorakhnath’, there are 72,000 Nadis in our body. They are just like railway tracks. As we see railway tracks intersecting at the junction point, Nadis too have a junction point. This junction point is named ‘Chakra’.
There are 114 chakras in our body. Among these 114 chakras, there are 7 chakras that hold special significance. These are located at different locations throughout your spinal cord and above. These chakras are Root chakra (Muladhara), Sacral chakra (Svadisthana), Solar plexus chakra (Manipura), Heart chakra (Anahata), Throat chakra (Visuddha), Third eye chakra (Ajni), Crown chakra (Sahasrara). Each is responsible for a specific function in a human’s life.
Let us look at one of the important chakras among these 7 which serves as the meeting point of the top and bottom three chakras. It is ‘The heart chakra’.
The lower three chakras represent the physical existence of human beings, while the upper three chakras represent the spirit that is going beyond normal life, and the heart chakra is the meeting point between these two. You can see in the symbol of the heart chakra, there are two triangles intersecting inside the circle; one is in an upward direction (The upper three chakras), and another is in a downward direction (The lower three chakras).
The physical location of the heart chakra is at the center of your spine, in your chest near the heart. Each chakra is associated with a certain element and the element associated with this chakra is air. This is the reason why breathing is a very important part of yogic culture as it helps open up the heart chakra. It is also associated with the color green which is the color of life and symbolizes calmness, healing, and support.
The heart chakra is the reservoir of a human's love, prosperity, and happiness. It is the center of joy and compassion. If your heart chakra is stable and balanced, you will find yourself surrounded by love, compassion, joy, and happiness. You will be optimistic about everything and be able to find good in every bad. You will have profound relationships with people. You accept people the way they are and establish strong connections with them.
“In the chakras, it’s the heart chakra, Anahata, the central chakra, three above and three below, which symbolizes happiness and love, psychic oneness, spiritual understanding.”
– Frederick Len
You’ll embrace self-love and start liking your own company. It will create a sense of serenity and calmness within you and help you become more altruistic. Also, you will start to forgive others and not hold any grudges against anyone. You will be able to wipe out all the negative energy and feelings and develop a strong heart.
Opening or awakening this chakra is the first path toward spirituality.
An imbalanced heart chakra can bring a storm of loneliness into your life. If this chakra is blocked in any way, you start to feel isolated and left out. You don’t feel connected with yourself and the people around you. Negative emotions like jealousy, criticism, hatred, etc. start to rise within you. The fear of failing, and trusting people arise. You fail to cope with emotional issues and relationships become strained.
Besides these effects, you may also have physical effects like heart issues, lung issues, upper back issues, deficiency in immunity, etc. You’ll start to feel underconfident and face social anxiety. Dependence on other people will increase immensely. Your self-esteem will drop to a great extent. The irritation will increase, and you’ll get frustrated by very small things.
- Loneliness and depression
- Feeling low all the time
- Decrease in confidence
- Problematic relationships
One of the root causes of blockage of the heart chakra is the unstable lower three chakras. If you want to really stable your heart chakra, you need to make sure all the lower three chakras- root chakra, sacral chakra, and solar plexus chakra are stable.
To directly affect the heart chakra, you can practice ‘yoga for Anahata’. Here is a YouTube video that will guide you.
As the element of this chakra is air, breathing exercises will help you a lot in balancing it. Here is a YouTube video that will guide you.
- High upper body strength
- Healthy relationships
- High sensitivity
- Healthy heart
- Calmness and peace of mind
The most important part of healing the blocked heart chakra is your involvement in the process. Many people try to get involved but face difficulties while they are doing meditation or chanting. The heart chakra affirmations will help you get involved in the process and get connected with your mind and your body.
“Peace is this moment without judgment. That is all. This moment in the Heart-space where everything is welcome.”
- I am surrounded by love.
- I am welcoming love with open arms.
- I give my relationships the attention they deserve
- All of my relationships are meaningful and rewarding.
- I am letting love into my life.
- Friendships come easily to me.
- I am grateful for all the love and affection I get
- I deserve fulfilling relationships.
- I’m good and beautiful enough the way I am.
- I choose to be involved with good-hearted people.
- My heart is open.
- Real love starts with me.
- I am grateful for all the love and affection I get.
- I love to give and receive love.
- It is okay for me to be kind to myself.
- My heart space radiates powerful green light
- I live in harmony with all other beings
- There is an infinite supply of love
- Love is my guiding truth and I follow it
- I am united with all beings
- My heart is free from past hurt
- I am feeling better than yesterday
- I’m past all my worries.
- My heart is healthy and at peace.
- I accept people the way they are
- I don’t let negativity affect me
- I am grateful for all of my blessings
- It is safe for me to love and be loved
- I deeply, and completely, love and accept myself
- My heart is filled with joy and gratitude
- I am loved, loving, and lovable.
- I choose compassion over judgment.
- I am always deserving of love.
- I am vibrating positive, loving energy, and I attract this same energy in return.
- Love and compassion are my superpowers, and they will carry me as far as I want to go.
- Every day, I love myself a little more.
- Every cell in my body is vibrating at the frequency of love
- I am love.
- I embrace my gifts and my imperfections equally.
- My heart is grateful, and my soul is peaceful.
- I am filled with courage.
- I am worthy of abundance
- I love myself and others fearlessly.
- I am pure universal love.
- There is an infinite supply of love. It never runs out.
- It's safe to love and to be loved.
- I live in a state of grace.
- I am never alone.
- My life is full of happiness
- I’m exactly where I want to be
- I love being with myself
A healthy heart chakra will help you connect your body and spirit. And these health chakra affirmations will make the process of keeping that heart chakra healthy smooth and easy. Stay happy.